Now that Christmas is over, which I hope you enjoyed, it’s time to think about the new year and your resolutions. Those lists are usually made, but then they fall apart after a few weeks or months. This year, it’s going to be different. This year, you and I will create resolutions that are bigger than ourselves, that are not for our well being but rather for the benefit of our communities, and that when completed, will make a difference in our communities and our lives.
This year, please make a physical list. Get out a piece of paper and start writing a list of things you would like to do for yourself. Once that list is finished, draw a line and create a list that is not for yourself. This is what you should put on that second list:
- Create a fundraiser in the community for an underprivileged community within your community.
- Google search different groups near you and then send them an email that explains why you want to create a fundraiser.
- Have people donate stuffed animals, gently used cloths, and any other type of donation that would suite your community.
- Stop throwing everything away and try to recycle as much as possible.
- Try to upcycle, or recycle items by cutting them up, changing their function, and then use the item for a different purpose.
- Create a compost pile that can receive banana peals and egg shells any time of the year (other biodegradable items are also included)
- Donate at least 5 dollars, 5 Euros, or about 20 shekels to at least 5 different non-profit organizations that will help achieve the things I have talked about on this blog.
- Donations could be more or less, but if you donate, your donation can help benefit the world.
- Visit these websites for ideas:
- Quit at least 3 things and have 5 friends do it too
- Examples include quit smoking, quit cursing, quit throwing everything away (start recycling), quit taking long showers, quit running water while brushing your teeth, etc.
- Have your family also quit these things if they have the same problems along with any friends who have these issues.
You may add items to this list, but please don’t remove any. The world needs your help to get better and by fulfilling these items on your checklist, we can start to repair society. Identifying problems in society and trying to create solutions is the purpose of this blog, but you have to take action in order to fix what is talked about. Please help me fix the world by adding this list of resolutions to your own list and complete them over the year. The world cannot be fixed if you don’t fix it yourself.
Happy New Year.