Last weekend I traveled to New York City for my second cousin’s bat-mitzvah. The ceremony was lovely and the party was epic. I danced the afternoon away. As gifts, all of the kids got bags filled with cookies, a t-shirt with some amazing quotes, and a Roots&Shoots bag. On this bag, there is a list for everyday ways to care for the earth. I wanted to share this with you.
Want to save the planet? Here is how to start:
- Take shorter showers
- Compost yard waste and food scraps
- Use a reusable lunch bag each day
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- Ride you bike, walk, take the bus, or start a carpool
- Turn off the light, TV, or radio when you leave a room
- Pick up litter you see and recycle whatever can be recycled
- use both sides of a piece of paper when drawing or writing
- Don’t buy products that were made from endangered plants or animals
- Buy things that come in containers that are made from recycled materials and can be reused or recycled again
- Use canvas bags in place of plastic or paper bags at the supermarket, other stores, library, or anywhere else
You can visit http://www.rootsandshoots.org to learn more about how you can take action in your community.
If there is anything you would like to add to the list, feel free to comment bellow!